Sunday, April 24, 2011

"The Undoing of Reywas"

It's all an idea in my head,
A hopeless, ceaseless, winding thread.
It's all a hoax on a grand scale,
Made of my trust and soon betrayal.

A mockery, but all in jest.
Watch the heart race in my chest.
Faster, faster, see it ache
With every solemn step I take.

Feel the wind rush through the door
As I run forevermore
Through a field white with snow
In a soul that's 10 below.

Is it too ambiguous?
I notice you're now nervous.
Don't you fear, don't you cry.
There's an eye in the sky.

"Every drop of rain you see
Is a tear God cried for me,"
He told me with a sick smile
Growing more ill all the while.

There was something in his eyes
I surely couldn't recognize...
Not quite love, nearly hate..
And how they seemed to calculate!

Every movement, every word
Memorized when seen and heard.
I fell silent as one dumb,
Panicked as my mind went numb.

"Now I am inside your head!,"
Was the last I'd heard he said.
And in the mirror I could see
He was staring back at me.

Christina Sawyer (c) 2011

No comments: