Thursday, November 15, 2012

My God, My God.

Be not far from me
Oh, my God.
Draw me up
into an embrace
so firm and sure
that I cannot
forget.
Cradle me in peace
warm as wool
and strong as iron,
for Anxiety has made
her ripples across
my youthful brow.
Grief has sent her
torrents down my
flushed cheeks.
Be not far  from me
Oh, my God!
My soul is heavy
with the lead weights
of dissatisfaction
and longing.
I am still
waiting for You
here in the same
spot we met last.
If what they say
is true, and You
have not moved,
then when did I?
And although
I've known many
who walked out,
away,
astray,
You have never
been that kind!
I have known You
far too long to think
You would leave me
in this place of pain.
So be not far from me
Oh, my God!
It is a wind
chilled with bitterness
which passes through
the gates of my heart,
across the open courtyard
of my soul,
and into the fortress
of my spirit.
But it cannot dwell
where You are!
Either it will need to go,
or surely You must.
Now I am desperate!
Remove from me
all that is impure,
offensive to You,
and self-serving!
I bolt across the
courtyard, and
sprint through
these gates,
frantically seeking
He who will redeem!

MY GOD MY GOD
BE NOT FAR!
MY GOD MY GOD
BE NOT FAR!
I am calling out
into the immense,
vast space between
You and I!
MY GOD MY GOD!!

Be

.....

not

...

far

..


Christina Sawyer (c) 2012.

No comments: