Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"When You're Broken."

Call me when you're broken,
and the pieces can't be found,
when in the words unspoken
you feel yourself so bound.
I have been through valleys;
I've climbed those same hills.
I understand the torture;
incurable, dark ills.
I know the sleepless longing,
the burning in your bones.
You wish someone was calling,
but nobody's home.
The present seems consuming,
the past a distant dream.
The future now seems looming,
in Its eyes, a sick gleam.
You're afraid of failure,
more scared of success.
You just want salvation
from the cruel helplessness.

Call me when you're wasted,
lying on the floor.
I know the pain you've tasted,
knocking on death's door.
Even when they leave you,
and the rumors start,
I could not forget you;
you'll always have my heart.
Let me drive you home now;
why not stay with me?
We can talk this out tonight,
and end the misery.
Don't you dare deny me
the right to comforting
someone who means the world to me
in their suffering.
I may not always answer
the first time you ring,
but I hope you realize
I would do anything.
Anything at all to spare
from undeserving hell,
the one I've always come to,
when everything fell.

So call me when you're broken.

Christina Sawyer (c) 2012.


No comments: