Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beautiful, She Cries.

Chance worth taking
heart worth breaking
everything's aching.
"Do you feel me?!"
she says,
arms torn with scars
tears clear as stars
trapped behind bars
she created herself.
"Yea."
But I don't understand
the fist-clenched hand
shook in reprimand.
We sit in stillness
and silence.
I hold her as she shakes,
as her body quakes
as her resistance breaks.
Calling her beautiful,
like no one ever did.
Mascara down her cheeks,
wordless sighing speaks.
Salvation she seeks
in places unknown
to more fortunate souls.
Still I hold her frame,
calling her by name,
as before the trouble came.
And I called her,
"Beautiful."

Christina Sawyer (c) 2012

2 comments:

Jennyfair said...

this is special. It reminds me of that song I sent you by Misty. It also reminds me of a woman I met with by divine appointment last week...struggling with her worth and value because of rejection and betrayal.

It's true....the most wonderful thing about Christ is that He is most drawn to what is broken. He sees it as beautiful :)

The Seeker. said...

Thank you, lovely lady. You're my encourager.