Sunday, April 25, 2010

All Apologies.

Everyone's first reaction to hearing someone's lost a loved one is "I'm so sorry"....which seems absurd at first. However, I think it reveals a deep truth. We know in our souls that the problems in this world....evil, sickness, and yes, even death...are partly our fault. We messed up God's perfect world. So, in that phrase, we're admitting that we're the issue. We're subconsciously acknowledging our failure. Just an interesting observation.

I can't take all the credit. One of the pastors at my home church, Mike Breaux, was talking about how despite the fact that God is good, there is suffering and pain. I just applied it to my life right now.

I've taken to replying simply with...."Me too"....because I don't know what else to say. Thank you? No, I don't want to thank someone for being sorry. I'm agreeing with them. I'm sorry too....sorry we live in a world where this exists. I'm sorry I'm part of the problem. I'm sorry I can't fix me, nor you. I'm sorry we can't find a cure for the pain. I'm so completely, totally, unbelievably apologetic. ~C.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm sorry. I didn't know how else to contact you... But I wanted to say that your comment on Stephen Christian's blog will forever stick with me. Not the wording (I'm bad with exact wording), but the concept will for sure. Thanks for posting it.

(Again, I'm sorry for using a random blog to comment about a comment...)