Friday, April 16, 2010

Say It Ain't So.

So, today's song really has nothing to do with my post. I've just been jamming out to it a lot lately. Something about the groove of it just agrees with me immensely. :) It'll give you a glimpse of my mood at the moment...

Anyway, today we had a guest speaker at my school who turned out to be on of the youth pastors at my church. He talked about actually living life instead of just existing. A group of 90-somethings were asked what they'd do if they could go back in time. They answered three different ways. I summarized it for myself in my notes as this:

-Risk (Taking more chances since you only have one shot at life anyway.)
-Reflection (Soaking in those "Wow, that just happened..." moments.)
-Ripples (Making a difference in the world by simply loving one person at a time.)

I figure if you wanna learn how to live, the best person to ask besides Jesus Christ is a 90 year old who already lived, hm? So yeah. Just wanted to share that. Don't take your time here for granted...walking across the same old floor, eating the same old cereal, breathing the same old stale air as you watch the same old tv show whilst sipping your same old coffee from the same old cup. (Kinda paraphrased what the guy said just then.) So....LIVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!! So what if you seemingly "fail" (whatever the qualifications are for that anyway!)?? A life lived isn't wasted....I'll let that one sink in.

~C

No comments: